What is a city worth?
What would it be worth to really see our city changed? Is it possible? Can GOD change a city like Baton Rouge, La.
1. Ranked #7 in the Murder Rate
2. Ranked #1 for HIV in the Nation
3. 4th highest in Cancer related deaths
4. Highest incarceration rate in the WORLD!
5. Louisiana has just been labled as the worst place to live in the nation...
due to education, healthcare, and crime!
Maybe what we should say is ONLY GOD CAN!!!!
Below is a list of ways we at VOM would like to help serve your ministry:
We will empower students to become public school system missionaries.
We will train churches or individuals to be urban missionaries through Sidewalk Saturday school!
We will empower churches and individuals by training them in Power Evangelism!
We will train churches and individuals on how to start and run residential discipleship houses for people struggling with substance abuse and other destructive behaviors.
We will train churches and individuals on how to become missionaries to abortion clinics and we are in the process of providing a house for those that change their mind about having an abortion and do not have a place to live.
How can YOU help?
1. You can commit to pray and fast for the repentance of the people who are called by God’s name!
(We are currently having prayer meetings at 5165 Monarch Ave. in Baton Rouge every weekday from 7:30 - 10:30 am)
2. Pastors and worship teams can commit to two hours of worship and prayer in schools on Thursday 1:00 - 2:30 pm at North Banks Middle School.
3. You can help or connect people that would like to volunteer in labor, administration, ministry, or funding with many of these areas.
4. You can set a meeting up with your pastor so we can share what God is doing so they can partner with the healing of our city!
5. If you have a CDL drivers license, there is a great need to bus children and adults to church on Sundays.
6. If you are a Christian business owner, and you are willing to train, disciple, and work people who are willing to surrender to Christ, there is a great need for that!
7. And last but not least, you can help with the "One Blood Revival" to be held in early Nov!!!
Voices of Mercy has been fiercely committed to reaching the inner-city of Baton Rouge for the past 15 years. We have taken women in for the past 15 years and taken men in for the past 7 years through the Revelation House. Our disciples have become prison ministers, business owners, and have run their own discipleship houses. We have seen drug dealers saved, discipled, and turned into business managers and exemplary fathers, able to minister the love of Christ to their families and others. There is so much to be done in our city. If you are willing to give, you can help VOM become more effective and productive in the effort of "Changing Our City from the Inside Out!".
We currently need vans for transportation, another house for women, over $40,000 to finish the Dream Center, and operating finances.
We have the experience, people, power, and desire to snatch more people from the flames of hell, but we need your help!!!
"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, ''How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'''
We Cannot Accomplish This Without You!!!
These are people who have said, " Send me Lord, I will go!"
These missionaries go into the worst areas of Baton Rouge! The places most won't go!
Allow Pastor Devin to minister at your church to help fund, equip, mobilize, and unify the body of Christ for the healing of our city!! It takes the whole body to heal a city!!!
-Revelation House: Residential housing where people off the street are discipled! Lives are transformed by Jesus forever in this house, but it cannot operate without your financial support! Please, consider becoming a monthly supporter to ensure the continued operation of this invaluable asset!
-The prostitution epidemic in Baton Rouge is at an alarming all time high! We at VOM have the missionaries and know how to help countless women that Jesus died for! Ask yourself, what would you do to get thatwoman out of that situation if that was your daughter?!! We curently need a house for these women! What's a soul worth?!!! These women need your help! Many of you have the power to do something! The question is: Are you willing to lay down your life to save another?!!
-Sidewalk Saturday School is another form of urban missionaries that you can support financially or by volunteering.
-You can also support urban missionary efforts at a church that we serve with Life Tabernacle Church financially or volunteering Sunday from 8am to 1:30pm in many areas!!!
-You can also support this ministry through power evangelism on Saturdays at 10am on many bus routes of this ministry! They currently have around 600 youth of the city and surrounding areas. This ministry has made great sacrifices to reach the least of these, and GOD is well pleased with it! To the point that GOD told us to change our service times and go serve them! I personally testify to the love and character of Pastor Tony Spell. He is an inspiration and example to the body of Christ and the ministry. GOD has him on fertile ground!!!
***ALL FORMS OF DONATION ARE WELCOMED AND ACCEPTED!***
- We at Voices of Mercy are currently asking for any and all donations to help us achieve the plans and purposes the Lord has put in our hearts.
- We are currently in need of funds for a new women's house, vans, and busses for growing ministry efforts, and also funds to help complete the Zion City Dream Center.
- Any donations of food, clothing, toys, diapers, furniture, tools, vehicles, etc., that can aid and assist us and all other ministries in the Baton Rouge and surrounding areas are also needed.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR HELPING SAVE OUR CITY BY THE POWER OF JESUS CHRIST!!!
Above is the billboard we put up on I-10 in Baton Rouge as a message the Lord gave us to avoid impending judgement on the land.
Below is a post from Pasor Devin's Facebook page the day before the flood of 2016!